This week my youngest child and I finished up a 7 year continuous run with Music Together®. I was filled with sadness about it all ending because it has been such an amazing experience for both my children. I would not have committed $165 three times a year if I didn't think the program was meaningful, fun, well designed and worth every penny. We always asked the grandparents for gift certificates instead of more toys we don't need. We would like to thank all the Music Together teachers for providing meaningful music instruction for little people. Our family will miss seeing all of you, but we will remember it forever and will continue to spread the word about the program and it's awesomeness. Thank you for all that you do. Liz Browne, Music Together Parent
"I know I told you before how much your classes have meant to us, but I want to repeat myself. We loved you and your classes and still sing a bunch of the songs. You helped form Raffi's little growing brain with such joyful musical memories and laid the foundation for a life of music making. Thank you so much, and you will be missed. You have such a positive, nurturing presence. We're so lucky to have spent time with you." -Claudine LoMonaco
“Coming to class is fun. As soon as we enter the building my daughter becomes VERY excited. It's such a pleasure to watch her develop musically and I've also recognized my own hidden musical talents surfacing! We both eagerly await the next session!” -Jennifer Spoelker
“Just a friendly note to thank all those involved in this wonderful music program for children. We have been attending this class for 2 semesters and will continue for many more to come."
“Music Together has made the car rides a pleasure. Before enrolling in Music Together we had few musical options which only appeased her for a short time. Now whether its' a trip to the mall or a visit to the grandparents, Valerie yells from her seat, "Class! Class!"...her request for the Music Together CD. The music keeps her happy for the whole trip."
“Thanks again Music Together for touching our daughter's life in such a wonderful way.” -Nancy M. Thorpe
“Rita, 6 months old, loves the music and rocks in time to certain favorites. At home we listen to all types of music frequently and interact in various ways. When she hears songs from Music Together, she smiles at me with gleeful anticipation. This is her signal that it is special time with Mommy."
“We enrolled in both gymnastics and Music Together when Kennedy was 18 months old. Our first day at gymnastics was filled with tears. Our first day at Music Together was unbelievable! Kennedy was hesitant at first, but by the end of the class she was moving around the room with the rest of the children. Kennedy is 2 years old now, and we have participated in two Music Together sessions. The effect your program has had on her is simply amazing; she is a completely different child. Singing and dancing are a large part of every day. Now, as we navigate the grocery store aisles, she sings just to get the attention of other people.”
“I would enthusiastically recommend this program to others because it's fun, it's well organized and it's aimed at the right level of toddlers and preschoolers. Also both the musical selections and the activities are varied enough to make each class different and exciting within a consistent structure.”
“I highly recommend the Music Together classes which I have been taking with my 14 month old daughter. Though I have been a musician, dancer and singer for years and started sharing these with my baby before she was born, I have learned a lot from these classes about how to bring these dimensions of the human adventure into her world in a way that is fun for both of us (and in a way that avoids the traumas of my own childhood music education).
“The things I particularly like about the Music Together program include, in no particular order:
1) The teacher is fun, down to earth, musically adept, welcoming, playful, respectful and inclusive of each person there.
2) The singing and playing of rhythm instruments is always done for joy and the adventure of it and is not associated IN ANY WAY with "performance" or doing it "right". We are making music together - no child (or adult!) is put on the spot to perform in front of others. I guess I would say that the atmosphere is one of celebration rather than performance.
3) The music making is almost always accompanied by movement- marching, dancing with beautiful scarves, shaking various rhythm instruments, etc. I've learned a lot about how to create such whole-body-music-expression for my child. The best musicians also dance, the best dancers are also musicians. I want not just her fingers and brain to hear and play music but for it to be part of her core sense of Self. I want her to both feel joy and to know how to express that fully and articulately, thus my delight in gaining tools at Music Together for sharing this with my daughter at home. This is where I learned how to translate what I wanted to share with her into toddler-ese.
4) The classes are both fun for me as an adult, and age appropriate for the toddlers in our class.
5) I like the variety of instruments, etc. that we all (kids and adults) play in each class and I like the variety of colors of things we use (scarves, music books, etc.).
6) I like the music as well as the variety. I am particularly fond of interesting rhythms, such as the Balkan music and crooked French Canadian tunes.
7) I like the other parents in the class and the location with easy parking.
8) I also like that if I miss class, I can make it up on another day, as there are classes offered several mornings each week.”
"This week my youngest child and I finished up a 7 year continuous run with Music Together. I was filled with sadness about it all ending because it has been such an amazing experience for both my children. I would not have committed 150$ three times a year if I didn't think the program was meaningful, fun, well designed and worth every penny. We always asked the grandparents for gift certificates instead of more toys we don't need. We would like to thank all the music together teachers for providing meaningful music instruction for little people. Our family will miss seeing all of you, but we will remember it forever and will continue to spread the word about the program and it's awesomeness. Thank you for all that you do."
Liz Browne, Parent